1. No one wants to hear the truth. Not really. They say they do, but they don’t.
2. Ideas are a dime a dozen. Actually, they are worth less than that. Ideas by themselves are worthless. The world is full of them. The world rewards execution.
3. Sometimes it’s not what you know, it’s who you know. Especially in the beginning.
4. Instead of comparing yourself to others, just compare yourself to yourself. Are you better today than you were yesterday? Even by 1%? That’s the goal. Do that.
5. The ugly truth beats a pretty lie every time.
6. Simpler is better. If at all possible, go simpler. In everything.
7. Get comfortable with violence. Violence in and of itself, isn’t inherently good or bad, it just is, no matter what the rest of “the world” says. Sometimes violence IS necessary. Sometimes violence IS the answer. Which brings me to:
8. Explore all your other options before going to violence. Ideally, violence should be your last option. But if needed, go all out.
9. In the “real world,” there are winners and there are losers, in spite of what you may have learned in school or on the playing field. Remember this. It will serve you well. It can be used by you, or it can be used against you. Your choice.
10. Get a pet if you don’t have one. They do wonders for your blood pressure, your body, your mind, and your soul.
11. The #1 Rule of Life: There are no rules.
12. The #2 Rule of Life: See Rule #1.
13. If you are going to have rules in your life besides Rule #1 and #2, make damn sure that they are your rules and not somebody else’s. Their rules serve to benefit them, not you.
14. Just because there are no inherent rules in life doesn’t mean that there aren’t consequences. Choose wisely. Choose accordingly.
15. The Meaning of Life: Whatever you make of it.
16. Help other’s if and when you can. But help yourself first. You’ll be able to do more for other’s that way.
17. It’s preferable if people treat you with love and respect, but if you can’t have that from them, fear works.
18. Get behind something. Anything really. Make it yours. If you don’t, you’ll find yourself drifting.
19. Taking action is better than sitting around thinking.
20. Over analysis leads to paralysis.
Sharpen your Mind. Weaponize it. Start here and here. Sign up for my newsletter here.